Saturday 14 July 2012

Grenadier Dragon Lords Fantasy Boxed Set 2009 Wizard's Chamber - Cauldron Spirit

And so on to the accompanying piece, the Cauldron Spirit. To my mind, this is a great sculpture - extremely atmospheric and sinister. It's hard to believe that it is part of the same set as the wizard:
The figure was very simple to paint - a base coat of light green, followed by GW washes and then highlighting. The cauldron is just matt black highlighted with Tin Bitz; the cobble stones at the base of it are just Milliput, painted dark gray and then highlighted. I was really pleased with the way this turned out! And finally - a shot of both figures together:
It's nice to see some of the older figures from the 80's paint up so well (although I still have my doubts about the proportions on the Wizard). I'm still scouring auction sites for the other parts of this set, and if I acquire them I'll revisit these figures.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, the wizard's arms look awful, but that Cauldron, me wants it my precious.....

    ReplyDelete