Sunday 18 May 2014

Grenadier Fantasy Lords 500 series Classics 532 Iron Golem



As soon as this came out of the Lead Mountain I thought WOW – what a great figure! This is a serious piece of metal, both in size and detail – I’ve posted a picture of a Grenadier Wood Elf druid next to it, and later Grenadier Elf figures were a decent size, but this simply dwarfs it (if you can ever dwarf an Elf… interesting idea ;))

The figure itself was a joy to paint – I used gray car primer as the base coat, then a coat of Army Painters Dark Tone all over, followed by lots and lots of highlighting with silver. The base is simply modelling sand.



I think this is a stunning figure – everything about it, the detail, the pose, just works. Imagine your party of adventurers wandering around a wizard’s treasure room and then finding this chappie guarding it! This is one of the best Grenadier figures cast IMHO. 

Very pleased with the way this turned out!

4 comments:

  1. It is a very nice golem. I didn't know this model, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure - again, its another figure I've not seen painted up before. Glad that it came out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right, out of all your 70's/80's figures so far, THIS is the best one to date.

    Combined with your excellent painting, he really stands out from the rest of the rabble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this one on the card, so sadly I will never see him assembled. But yes, you are correct on this, the Iron Golem is an awesome and fan favorite Grenadier miniature (and much better than the Talos they made). Great paint job on one of the best.

    ReplyDelete